About the company:
Haven is a digital-first mortgage subservicer. We’re using technology and behavioral science to reinvent the servicing industry. We’re lowering the costs of servicing, improving performance and retention, all while making borrowers and investors happier. We’re swinging for the fences to build an iconic platform, and are backed by the top venture investors in the country.
About the role:
We’re looking for an experienced mortgage servicing professional to join our growing team. As our full-time servicing hire, you’ll report to our CEO. We’re looking for someone who loves to build stuff with their own hands and challenge the status quo.
You’ll get to build our servicing operation from the ground up, the way you’ve always imagined it should run. You’ll also provide input to key decisions in our core servicing technology platform. Our corporate HQ is located in New York City, but we’re recruiting nationally. You’ll get a chance to build most of the core servicing team wherever you are.
- Create policies & procedures for our servicing operation
- Lead core servicing functions, particularly in defaults, call center, and loss mitigation. As a small team, we’re looking for someone who’s seasoned enough to help set direction, and also not afraid to do the work themselves directly
- Play a key part in building strong working relationships with external stakeholders, such as customers, investors, and agencies
- Give input on technology product roadmap and key workflows and processes
- Ensure best-in-class compliance in all actions and decisions
- Manage and supervise a high-performing team over time
- 5+ years of experience in a managerial or leadership role within mortgage servicing; strong knowledge of most major aspects of servicing
- Agile and goal-oriented: you move fast and efficiently to get things done
- Comfortable operating with a high degree of ambiguity and without a lot of structure
- Ability to thrive and be resourceful in a fast-paced environment
- Great collaborator and communicator
- Bonus: a good nose for top talent
- Great benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance and wellness stipend
- Fun, casual dress code and work environment
- The ability to play a key role in building an iconic company from the ground up
- Flexible vacation time
- Team outings and annual company-wide offsite